Monday, 2 May 2011
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Meatballs are a "maybe I'll reveal the secret family recipe" later
- Sauce is a recipe from the original Biggest Loser Cookbook called "Superior Spaghetti Sauce"
- Garlic Bread
- Just use whatever rolls or bread you have on-hand. We are using leftover homemade hamburger buns from a recipe I found on Food.com I believe. Have to double check and will post the recipe when I do my series on homebaked breads.
- We mix margarine and some Tbsps of Tastefully Simple's Garlic Garlic & Onion Onion spices...usually like 1/3-1/2 cup of tub margarine & a 2:1 ratio of the Garlic to Onion seasonings and then bake til the bread is crispy
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas
- Minute Brown Rice (cause we have like 10 tons of it to use....the beauty of being a military family: when neighbors and friends
PCSmove, you're usually gifted with pantry leftovers that can't be packed :D
- Sweet & Sour Chicken (a combo of two recipes from Betty Crocker's Chinese Cookbook)
- Oven Baked Brown Rice (a friend gave me this recipe...it's super simple, but I will have to post it later since mommy-brain is making my brain into mush right now)
- Broccoli Florets
- Busy-Day Cheesy Chicken (from some Gooseberry Patch cookbook...today is an appt with the good ole OB for CB #3 so I will prolly very lazily throw in a couple cups of frozen broccoli so I have nothing to cook when I make it off the Beltway)
- Leftover Rice from last night
- Vegetarian Chowder (oh yes to using the million pounds of dried beans I love to buy but don't know how to use. WIC in our county is really great with education on nutrition and gives out lots of nifty things at your appointments and their events. I got this recipe from a bean cookbook they gave out during a fair at our family readiness center on our base.)
- French Sandwich Bread
- Grilled Chicken Breast (consisting of fileted b/s chicken breast then seasoned to taste on each side with Tastefully Simple's Garlic Garlic and Seasoned Salt.....no I am not a consultant for them)
- Creamy Scalloped Potatoes (another Betty Crocker masterpiece.....go get the 1969 version of the BC Cookbook...it rocks and teaches you some great techniques)
- Chicken Breasts Diane
- Leftover Creamy Scalloped Potatoes
- Mixed Veggies
I'll post Bubba and the babies' reviews throught the week or on next MPM.
Ciao for now!